11 Commandments of Good Business
Hal Mangelsen, the founder of Midwest Design Imports, Inc., lives by the 11 Commandments of Good Business. Each employee has these framed on their desk. We believe the customer is the most important person and we will always make it right for you – the customer. Thank you for being a loyal customer. We look forward to helping you with your buying needs.
- A customer… is the most important person in any business.
- A customer… is not dependent on us – we are dependent on them.
- A customer… is not an interruption of our work – they are the purpose for it.
- A customer… does us a favor when they call – we are not doing them a favor by serving them.
- A customer… is part of our business – not an outsider.
- A customer… is not a cold statistic – they are flesh and blood human beings with feelings and emotions like our own.
- A customer… is not someone with whom to argue or match wits with.
- A customer… is a person who brings us their wants – it’s our job to fill those wants.
- A customer… deserves the most courteous and attentive treatment we can give them.
- A customer… is the person who makes it possible to pay your salary whether you are a director, cashier, salesperson, or store manager.
- A customer… is the life-blood of this and every other business.